Client: St. Canice’s Vestry
Location: St. Canice’s Cathedral, Kilkenny.
Architect: David Kelly Partnership
Duration: 20 weeks
Completed: Jan 2021
• The works required that we convert an
overgrown garden / orchard into a carpark for
the use of the cathedral.
• Podpave sets installed throughout carpark
which allows a grass surface that can be safely
driven on with risk to getting stuck or damage
to the grass. Therefore, ensuring that the view
from the round tower is of a garden / orchard.
• All the existing walls were restored and rebuilt
using natural lime mortar.
• New entrance gates installed in a new opening
in the existing orchard wall.
• Layout of the paving is to depicted the original
ditches dating back to the 13th Century