Mooncoin N.Shttps://rmcc.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/82ECD547-049A-4365-B9AB-F5996A2CC06D-1024x768.jpeg 1024 768 RMCC RMCC https://rmcc.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/82ECD547-049A-4365-B9AB-F5996A2CC06D-1024x768.jpeg
Client: Mooncoin N.S
Location: Pollrone & Filbuckstown, Mooncoin, Co. Kilkenny
Architect: Bluett & O’Donoghue Architects
Duration: 6 Weeks
Completed: Aug 2019
- This was a summer works scheme which was carried out during the month of July & August 2019.
- To ensure that the project achieved its programme all the materials had to be pre-ordered to ensure delivery to site once the school had shut for the summer.
- Works also included decoration, making good floors & walls where existing windows were removed.
- Access control and automated opening was install on some of the external doors.
- Due to the original design of the building, the existing windows formed part of the structural supports for the roof. As the new windows did not have any structural integrity and revised system for supporting the roof had to be developed.